Hey guys! It’s official. My first unofficial column for SURFACE magazine, an established industry magazine, in which I offer my feedback on women’s shoes, from Louboutins to Alexander Wang’s. Make sure you check it out at the nearest news stand!
Frida Gustavsson in October
It’s Class Reunion kids! Time to get our our lesson book on what to expect for this coming fashion month. Some thoughts. Judge yourself which are true or not?
1. A Jimmy Kimmel spin off will occur at any one of the fashion weeks. Beware the person with a camera crew who asks you what you think of “designer Betsy Ross”
2. Yet another spin off of the Suzy Menkes “The Circus of Fashion” article on how fashion week attendees actually wear clothes loaned to them by designers. We get it for the past 5 years already.
3. One editor will throw a tantrum for not sitting Front Row next to the celebrity of their choice. There is after a pecking order to sitting Front Row which every editor must be entitled to.
4. Grazia Barnum and Bailey’s Circus outside of the Armani show in Milan or in the Tuileries in Paris.
5. Chanel will import an entire continent into the Grand Palais.
6. Kenzo show attendees will need a private jet for the “long haul” commute to the show if it’s even in France anymore.
7. At least 10 shows in Paris will pretend prestige by having an unpublished show address. All 10 shows will be held at the same location again.
8. The first blogger billionaire article will appear in Forbes.
9. Military will now be involved in getting editors to shows. Green Berets will be hired to help DIOR attendees leave. SWAT teams are rumored to swing people out after the Alexander Wang show.
10. New York Fashion Week will be called NBA Fashion Week hereafter.